We want to hear from you! Buffalo Bayou Partnership invites you to a community meeting to offer your ideas and input about exciting plans for Tony Marron Park and the Lockwood South Mixed-Income Housing.
Saturday, March 13 from 1-4pm
Eastwood at Ira Streets
The Buffalo Bayou East Master Plan includes several key objectives:
- Preserve Buffalo Bayou East’s culture and traditions
- Repurpose the East Sector’s industrial relics and showcase the area’s ongoing industrial activity
- Extend the neighborhood fabric to the bayou and create a public waterfront edge open to all
- Leverage Buffalo Bayou Partnership-owned and publicly held properties for future open space development
- Create a diverse network of parks and destinations with wide appeal
- Develop trails, greenways, and pedestrian-friendly neighborhood streets to connect the bayou to the city’s bike and pedestrian networks
- Develop an economically integrated, bayou-facing neighborhood
- Create a safe and resilient waterfront to support an ecologically rich habitat connected to the wider open space system
Although implementation of this master plan will take decades to unfold, Buffalo Bayou Partnership is committed to delivering a place that offers new economic, social and environmental improvements that will benefit Buffalo Bayou East, its existing communities, and Houston as a whole. To stay up to date on our progress, please join BBP’s email list here.
Learn more about plans for Tony Marron Park and the Lockwood South Mixed-Income Housing: