Buffalo Bayou Partnership is working diligently toward park completion in June 2015. Take a look at the construction currently in the works:
• Lost Lake site work continues and the pond is taking shape. The upper water garden and cascade also are proceeding, and driveways for the parking lot are poured. The structure for the building which will house a visitor center and The Dunlavy special event space is complete. Interior building work began this month.
• Work on the Wortham Fountain area is near completion.
• Steel framing for the visitor center at The Water Works and soil for the Sky Lawn are complete.
• Nature Play Area work continues, and the picnic pavilion roof framing is installed.
• The Sabine Overlook is complete, and all other overlooks in the park will soon be completed with the addition of their perimeter roof louvers.
• Harris County Flood Control District will begin silt maintenance work at the flood benches this spring.
• Work at the Gillette outfall is complete.