With just two months until Buffalo Bayou Park’s completion, much is In the Works. Read on for details:
- At Lost Lake, work on the upper water garden and H-E-B Cascade is proceeding, and drives for the parking lot are poured. The building structure, which will house a paddle craft rental facility, Grab and Go food service and The Dunlavy special event space, is complete. Clark Cooper Concepts, who will be operating The Dunlavy and the Grab and Go, began interior building work April 1.
- Harris County Flood Control District has been planting trees along the channel and will begin silt removal this spring.
- All park overlooks are complete, and the Nau Family Pavilion at Eleanor Tinsley Park is almost finished.
- Soil for The Brown Foundation Lawn at The Water Works has been installed.
- Work on the Cistern remains underway, with final completion expected in the fall.
- Buffalo Bayou Partnership has taken over maintenance and operations of the park between Montrose and Waugh.
While not part of the Buffalo Bayou Park project, improvements led by the Downtown TIRZ #3 will soon be made to Allen Parkway, making it more safe and accessible. Click here to learn more about plans to add and improve crosswalk signalization, increase parking and return Allen Parkway to a more scenic drive along the park.