Buffalo Bayou Park is in its final stage of construction. Read on for more about what’s In the Works:
- The Wortham Fountain has been repaired and should be turned on soon.
Site work at Lost Lake.
- Site work at Lost Lake is complete, and garden landscaping is underway. The building, which will house the visitor center and The Dunlavy, is complete. Internal build-out of The Dunlavy still needs to occur.
- All overlooks and the Nau Family Pavilion are complete.
- The Hines Meadow area in Eleanor Tinsley Park is complete.
- The McGovern Cascade to the west of Beth Yeshurun Cemetery is nearly complete.
- At The Water Works, The Brown Foundation Lawn and promenade surrounding it are complete; the parking lot drive lane is installed; and work on the Entry Court has begun. The Hobby Family Pavilion structure is done, and work on the stage platform and the screen wall behind the stage has begun.
Construction at the Barbara Fish Daniel Play Area.
- Heavy construction at the Barbara Fish Daniel Nature Play Area is wrapping up. Landscaping, lighting and perimeter fencing are still under construction.
- About 100 directional signs, maps and park rules signs are being installed.
- About 30 security cameras are being installed in the park through a partnership with the City.