Clockwise from top left: Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)’s trail widening work at Taft and Allen Parkway; Harris County Flood Control District channel realignment work at Jane Gregory Garden; TxDOT and City of Houston’s Shepherd Drive Bridge; Buffalo Bayou Partnership work at Police Memorial for new pedestrian bridge.
- Phase II of construction will begin in April. This work includes the park’s overall site work, including landscaping, irrigation, trails, water features and more. Millis Development & Construction, Inc. has been awarded the Phase II contract.
- Harris County Flood Control District (HCFCD) is continuing its channel realignment work upstream to Shepherd. Please be mindful of their work as you make your way downstream.
- HCFCD continues structural work to restore the bayou’s banks near the Jane Gregory Garden. Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is also working in this area, adding a widened trail at street level.
- Work on the Police Memorial Bridge has begun. The north bank piers have already been installed and the south bank pier work is scheduled to begin soon.
- Millis will soon install two dramatic support columns for the much-anticipated Jackson Hill Bridge.
- The new pedestrian bridge at Shepherd Drive is open, but there is still work to be done at both its north and south approaches. Please be mindful that the contractor continues to work in this area.