Rentals & Permits
Interested in hosting an event along Buffalo Bayou? Private events may be held in several areas, listed below.
Sunset Coffee Building
The Water Works in Buffalo Bayou Park
Eleanor Tinsley Park
Barbara Fish Daniel Picnic Pavilion
Permit Applications for Buffalo Bayou Park
Permits are required for the following at Buffalo Bayou Park:
Photography and Film
- A permit is required for any commercial, professional or university-level photo or film shoot. Personal-use film and photoshoots do not require a permit. Please fill out the Film and Photography Form here and email the completed form to email@example.com.
- Any professional photography or filming inside of the Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern requires a permit to be filled out and approved by our Visitor Services team. To apply for the Cistern Photography or Film Permit, please fill out the form here and email it to Dwendol Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All commercial group exercise classes (groups/classes that charge an entrance or program fee, classes that use park exercise equipment or bring their own equipment, are publicly advertised or have more than 10 people) are required to have a contract and permit with Buffalo Bayou Partnership. Please fill out the Group Exercise Permit Application here prior to operating in Buffalo Bayou Park and email the completed form to email@example.com.
Special Use/Proposals/Wedding Ceremonies
- Organized group events of 9 or more people, the use of props and structures (such as tents and tables), proposals, or exclusive use of any area of Buffalo Bayou Park require a permit. Fill out the Special Use Application here and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you plan to use Buffalo Bayou Park for your wedding ceremony, you must fill out the Wedding Ceremony Permit Application here and email the completed form to email@example.com.
- Organized picnics of more than 10 people, the use of furniture and props, and/or operating a picnic business in Buffalo Bayou Park requires a permit. Fill out the Picnic Vendor Program Application here and submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested in having your Food Truck or Pushcart at Buffalo Bayou Park? You must have a contract and permit with Buffalo Bayou Partnership. Please fill out the Food Truck/Pushcart Application here and email the application to email@example.com.
Questions about permits can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.