Barbara Fish Daniel Picnic Pavilion
Near The Water Works and the Lee and Joe Jamail Skatepark, the Barbara Fish Daniel Nature Play Area and Picnic Pavilion is one of the park’s most popular destinations. Designed to inspire a love of nature within children, features of the play area include: a boulder rock scramble, a rolling lawn, a stream and waterfall, climbing logs and stones, and a 33-foot slide. The most compelling component is a tri-level tree house/boat deck with climbing net. You can rent the picnic pavilion for children’s birthday parties and celebrations (6 picnic tables accommodate 50 guests).
The Barbara Fish Daniel Picnic Pavilion is located next to The Water Works at 105 Sabine Street, Houston, Texas 77007.
Wortham Insurance Terrace at The Water Works
Overlooking the downtown Houston skyline and Buffalo Bayou Park, the Wortham Insurance Terrace located atop the lawn at The Water Works is the perfect place to host a small event or celebration. The terrace can hold up to 50 people and measures 80’x33′.
- Rental Fee Monday – Thursday 10AM – 2PM: $300 and a refundable deposit of $75.
- Rental Fee Monday – Thursday 4PM – 10PM: $500 and a refundable deposit of $125.
- Rental Fee Friday – Sunday 10AM – 2PM: $500 and a refundable deposit of $125.
- Rental Fee Friday – Sunday 4PM – 10PM: $1,000 and a refundable deposit of $250.
Must provide your own tables and chairs.
A rental grants exclusive use of the specified venue for the duration of the reservation. The surrounding park areas will remain open to the public.
- Fees will be incurred if Park Regulations are not followed.
- No staking permitted in the grass of Buffalo Bayou Park.
- Signage and decorations cannot be attached to park structures, including pillars, railings, or greenery.
- Piñatas, confetti, balloons, glitter, and inflatables are not permitted.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- No open flame.
- Onsite cooking is prohibited. Food is permitted but should only be for consumption by event guests and not given out to the public.
- All event-related trash must be bagged and placed next to the trashcan by the time event rental period expires. Bags available prior to your event at the Visitor Center.
- Amplified sound cannot be over 68 decibels as per the City of Houston Sound Ordinance. Please be considerate of other guests.
- Hand sanitizer must be provided for all guests.