Put an end to the cycle. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
Every day, the path of trash is destructive – littering Houston’s parks and streets, flowing through the storm drains to Buffalo Bayou, and finally dumping into Galveston Bay and the Gulf of Mexico – destroying beauty and wildlife along the way.
Five days a week, BBP’s Field Operations staff directs and works alongside community service workers to collect litter and debris from the waterway. Crews work on land, but mostly by boat, to clean storm drains, banks and other natural collection areas. Read more at the button below.
Buffalo Bayou Partnership’s Clean & Green Program receives funding from Harris County Flood Control District, Port Houston, and Harris County D.A. Supplemental Environmental Project Enforcement, along with generous support from:
What can you do to help?
- Support the Clean & Green team by making a donation.
- Pick up trash in and around your neighborhood, even if it isn’t yours.
- Use reusable bags when shopping.
- Start using refillable water bottles.
- Bring your own coffee mug to work.
- Pack lunch in a reusable container.
- Don’t purchase products with excess packaging.
- Try reusable straws.
Trash Talk: BBP’s Clean & Green Program
Board Member Mike Garver and Field Operations Manager Robby Robinson “talk trash” as they discuss BBP’s Clean & Green Program, the litter issue in our city’s waterways, and what you can do to help.