Put an end to the cycle. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
Every day, the path of trash is destructive – littering Houston’s parks and streets, flowing through the storm drains to Buffalo Bayou, and finally dumping into Galveston Bay and the Gulf of Mexico – destroying beauty and wildlife along the way.
BBP is working towards a trash-free bayou with our Clean & Green Program.
What can you do to help?
- Pick up trash in and around your neighborhood, even if it isn’t yours.
- Use reusable bags when shopping.
- Start using refillable water bottles.
- Bring your own coffee mug to work. 25 billion disposable foam cups are thrown away annually in America.
- Pack lunch in a reusable container.
- Don’t purchase products with excess packaging.
- Try reusable straws.
Special thanks to Richards/Carlberg for creating this important campaign.
Trash Talk: BBP’s Clean & Green Program
Board Member Mike Garver and Field Operations Manager Robby Robinson “talk trash” as they discuss BBP’s Clean & Green Program, the litter issue in our city’s waterways, and what you can do to help.