Cistern Illuminated is a new winter lighting experience created for the Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern. This special installation provides a unique perspective on this cavernous underground space, amplifying its 221 columns and seemingly-infinite reflection. Cistern Illuminated is designed by Houston artist and engineer Kelly O’Brien of Fenris.
- On view: Now – January 8, 2023
- Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm
- Fridays 10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, and 7pm
- Saturdays and Sundays 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm
- $10 per person (ages 9+ only)
- $2 discount for military, college students and seniors (65+). Must present I.D. upon checking in.
- Free on the first Thursday of the month
- Click here for parking options around Buffalo Bayou Park
Tours of Cistern Illuminated will be punctuated by special performances by the Schola Cantorum of the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart. Learn more about the schedule and purchase tickets here.