- Walk, jog and bike the trails (download the Buffalo Bayou Park Trail Guide)
- Canoe and kayak on the bayou
- Picnic on the banks
- Hop aboard the Spirit of the Bayou for a private charter tour, bat tour or history tour!
- Experience the sights and sounds of 250,000+ Mexican free-tailed bats at Waugh Drive Bridge
- Catch a glimpse of the resident hawks and owls
- Play frisbee, volleyball or disc golf
- Take a self-guided public art walk and look for works by artists Henry Moore, Mel Chin, John Runnels and more
- Catch-and-release fish from the bayou’s waters
- Enjoy a docent-led walking tour through the prairie
- Press the “secret” button located at Preston Street Bridge to see artist Dean Ruck’s “Big Bubble”
There are public parking spots available along Allen Parkway, Memorial Drive, and city streets surrounding Buffalo Bayou Park. When parking along city streets, please pay close attention to signage, be neighborly and use the pedestrian bridges to safely access the park!
Restricted & Temporary Parking Options:
- City of Houston Lot H – Over 400 spaces available for public parking on weekends and after 6 pm on weekdays. Buffalo Bayou Park trails can be accessed from Sabine Promenade.
- American General Campus Surface Lot – Due to an influx in park patronage, the American General Campus is temporarily offering free weekend parking to park visitors. To access this parking on Saturdays and Sundays, proceed east on the Allen Parkway (inbound) feeder from Waugh. Turn right into entrance 4, then turn left to enter the surface lot. Once parked, please use paved paths and sidewalks to proceed to the crosswalk at Studemont to safely cross Allen Parkway to Buffalo Bayou Park. PLEASE NOTE: All garage and parallel parking within the American General Campus is private parking always reserved for office tenants.