Join Buffalo Bayou Partnership and KBR for free family fun at the 10th annual KBR Kids Day at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park. Featuring hands-on learning opportunities from 30 non-profit partners as well as live music and entertainment this year’s Kids Day will surely captivate your child’s imagination! Explore the Barbara Fish Daniel Nature Play Area, take $2 boat rides on BBP’s pontoon boat Spirit of the Bayou, and rent bikes or kayaks from our park concessionaires.
Every Kid in a Park Passports for Nature activities will be a fun way to get your family or school connected to all Houston-area parks. Teachers, special information will be available on how to connect to cool field trips too!
Food and drinks will be available for purchase from Churrasco, Friohana, It’s a Wrap! and Pho-jita Fusion.
View photos from 2015 KBR Kids Day!
What To Expect
A) THE WATER WORKS (105 Sabine Street)
– Enjoy hands-on learning experiences and recreational activities from our partners and sponsors atop The Brown Foundation Lawn
– Watch live performances at the Hobby Family Pavilion
– Grab a bite to eat from four food trucks (Churrasco, Friohana, It’s A Wrap!, and Pho-jita Fusion) and check out the Houston Fire Department’s truck at The Water Works entry court
– Bicycle rentals from Bike Barn in the Wortham Insurance Visitor Center
B) BARBARA FISH DANIEL NATURE PLAY AREA
– Check out the nature play area featuring a boulder rock scramble, a rolling lawn, a stream and waterfall, climbing logs and stones, 33-foot slide and a tri-level tree house/boat deck with climbing net.
– Parking available in City Lot H. Parking can also be found along city streets, but please pay close attention to signage, be neighborly, and use the pedestrian bridges/crosswalks to safely access the park. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
BBP is still looking for volunteers for the 11 am to 1 pm and the 1 pm to 3 pm shifts during KBR Kids Day. If you are interested, please contact Sarah McIntire at 713.752.0314 ext. 303.
|11:00 AM||Storybook Opera by Houston Grand Opera|
|11:30 AM||Birds of Prey Show presented by Friends of Brazoria Wildlife Refuges|
|12:15 PM||Halloween Costume Parade|
|1:00 PM||Breakdancing with Havikoro Crew|
|1:30 PM||Birds of Prey Show presented by Friends of Brazoria Wildlife Refuges|
|2:00 PM||Compania Folklorica Alegria Mexicana|
|2:30 PM||Dance of Asian America|