Those not wanting to paddle can cheer on racers along the race route or catch the outdoor fun at the finish line festivities at Sesquicentennial Park (500 block of Preston Street).
The Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta is rain or shine. If cancellation does take place due to severe water or weather conditions, all entry fees will support the work of Buffalo Bayou Partnership. Note that there are no refunds given for Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta registration fees.
2017 Rules and Regulations
2017 Canoe and Kayak Vendor List
2017 Entry Form (for military and students, please fill out and fax back to us)
2017 Corporate Cup Sponsor Form
Sign up as a $400 Team Sponsor
RACE DAY INFORMATION:
Saturday, March 11, 2017
- 7:30 am: Regatta packet pick-up and day-of registration at San Felipe and Voss
- 9:00 am: Race begins
- 11:00 am: Free finish line festivities begin at Sesquicentennial Park featuring live zydeco music and food and drinks available for purchase
- 1:00 pm: Awards ceremony
- 2:00 pm: Regatta and festivities end
Trophies will be awarded to the top three paddlers in Teams, Recreational Canoe, Recreational Kayak, and Unlimited Divisions. A grand prize will be given to the Styrofoam Cup winner, the boat that collects the most trash!
IMPORTANT RACE INFORMATION:
Free shuttle service for all participants (no boats) will be provided by The Wave at the Finish Line from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm on Preston Street. The shuttle will transport participants back to the Start Area at 7700 San Felipe.
Race begins at 9:00 am (with 5 starts):
– 9:00 am: ICF K-1/Surf Skis and Solo Unlimited (optional in-water start)
– 9:10 am: All Corporate Cups and All Recreational Class Canoes
– 9:20 am: All Recreational Solo Kayaks (long and short; optional in-water start)
– 9:30 am: All Unlimited (optional in-water start)
– 9:40 am: Day-of Registrants (will not be included in official timekeeping)
15-mile Race Route (view map)
PAST BBP REGATTA RESULTS