Congratulations to all of the Participants! 2018 Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta Results
Join us for Texas’ largest canoe and kayak race – the 46th Annual Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta on March 10th! Paddlers, ages 12 and up, are encouraged to participate in the 15-mile race along the scenic Buffalo Bayou. Whether you are entering competitively or paddling for pleasure, you won’t want to miss out on this longstanding Houston tradition! Online registration is now closed. Day-of registration is $60 per person.
The Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta is rain or shine. If cancellation does take place due to severe water or weather conditions, all entry fees will support the work of Buffalo Bayou Partnership. Note that there are no refunds given for Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta registration fees.
2018 Rules and Boat Specifications
2018 BBP Regatta Waiver (Participants need to print, sign and return at packet pick-up or day-of race)
Helpful Hints for Regatta 2018
2018 Canoe and Kayak Vendor List
2018 Entry Form (for military and students, please email a valid student or military ID to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the online discount code)
2018 Team Sponsorship Form
Bob Wright, Sponsorship Chair
RACE DAY INFORMATION:
Saturday, March 10, 2018
- 7:30 am: Day-of packet pick-up and day-of registration at San Felipe and Voss
- 9:00 am: Race begins
- 11:00 am: Free finish line festivities begin at Allen’s Landing featuring live zydeco music and food and drinks available for purchase
- 1:00 pm: Awards ceremony
- 2:00 pm: Regatta and festivities end
Trophies will be awarded to the top three paddlers in Teams, Recreational Canoe, Recreational Kayak, and Unlimited Divisions.
IMPORTANT RACE INFORMATION:
Free shuttle service for all participants (no boats) will be provided by The Wave at the Finish Line from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm near Allen’s Landing. The shuttle will transport participants back to the Start Area at 7700 San Felipe.
Race begins at 9:00 am (with 5 starts):
- 9:00 am: ICF K-1/Surf Skis and Solo Unlimited (NOTE: this will be an in-water start)
- 9:10 am: Team Sponsors and Recreational Class Canoes
- 9:20 am: Recreational Solo Kayaks (long and short)
- 9:30 am: Unlimited
- 9:35 am: Non-Competitive and Day-of Registrants (will not be officially timed)
- Participants can place their boats on the slopes of the bayou (perpendicular to the bayou) 10 minutes prior to the start of their division. Boats nor competitors can touch the water until the start of their division. Any participant not complying with the above will be disqualified.
Map at Finish Line for boat pick-up
PAST BBP REGATTA RESULTS: