Register for the 51st Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta!
The largest canoe and kayak race in Texas is along Buffalo Bayou on March 11! Participants ages 12 and older can compete in solo, tandem, or unlimited boating categories, or paddle for fun along a 15-mile stretch of the bayou. Register now to support Buffalo Bayou Partnership and participate in this Houston tradition.
Starting Line: 7700 San Felipe (1/4 mile west of Voss)
Race Day Registration: 7:30-8:45am
Start Time: 9:00am (View race start times by boat class below)
Finish Line Festivities: 11am-2:30pm at Allen’s Landing (1019 Commerce Street at Main Street)
Awards Ceremony: 1:30pm
- Rules & Race categories, please click here.
- Team Sponsorship, please click here.
- Regatta Helpful Hints, please click here.
- Canoe and Kayak Rental Vendors, please click here.
- Note: Your registration fee does not include boat rental.
- Entry Fee (before February 24): $55 per person
- Entry Fee (on/after February 24): $60 per person
- Day-of registration on March 11: $65 per person
- BBP Members, military, and students (with valid ID): $10 discount per person – For discount code, contact email@example.com or 713-752-0314 ext 101
Entry includes a Regatta t-shirt and lunch (while supplies last). Free shuttle service for participants (no boats) will be available from 11:30am to 3:30pm to take paddlers from the finish line at Allen’s Landing back to the start area.
Minimum entry age is 12. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Online registration closes on Thursday, March 9 at 11:59pm CST.
For early packet pick-ups on March 9 and 10, you must register by Monday, March 6 at 11:59pm CST.
The race begins at 9am with 4 starts. ALL starts will be in-water.
- 9:00am: Non-competitive and Day-of Registrants
- 9:10am: Tandem Kayaks and Solo Kayaks
- 9:20am: Team Sponsors and Tandem Canoes
- 9:30am: Performance Unlimited and Solo Unlimited
Be a part of a longstanding Houston tradition and give back to our community by volunteering at the 51st Annual Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta! We’re looking for eager individuals and groups to lend a hand to make this kayak and canoe race a success. Find shift times and register here.