51st Annual Regatta presented by Gillman Subaru
View race results here.
The largest canoe and kayak race in Texas is along Buffalo Bayou on March 11! Participants ages 12 and older can compete in solo, tandem, or unlimited boating categories, or paddle for fun along an 8.5-mile stretch of the bayou. Register now to support Buffalo Bayou Partnership and participate in this Houston tradition.
Starting/Finish Line: Allen’s Landing (1001 Commerce St.)
- Free Regatta participant parking at 805 Franklin Street (6’7” clearance).
- Limited free surface lot parking for those cars and trucks that exceed the 6’7″ clearance is available at 201 Travis St. (entrance on Franklin).
- See parking map here.
- A parking pass (sent to all participants) will need to be shown for access.
- Additional paid parking is available in nearby downtown parking garages, surface lots, or metered street parking. Use this interactive parking map as your guide.
Turnaround Point: East of Lockwood St, before Wayside Dr.
Race Day Registration: 7:30-8:45am
Start Time: 9:00am (View race start times by boat class below)
Finish Line Festivities: 11am-2:30pm
Awards Ceremony: 1:30pm
- Rules & Race categories, please click here.
- Regatta Helpful Hints, please click here.
- Team Sponsorship, please click here.
- Canoe and Kayak Rental Vendors, please click here.
- Note: Your registration fee does not include boat rental.
- Day-of registration on March 11: $60 per person
- BBP Members, military, and students (with valid ID): $10 discount per person – For discount code, contact email@example.com or 713-752-0314 ext 101
Entry includes a Regatta t-shirt and lunch (while supplies last).
Minimum entry age is 12. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
The race begins at 9am with 4 starts. ALL starts will be in-water.
- 9:00am: Non-competitive and Day-of Registrants
- 9:10am: Tandem Kayaks and Solo Kayaks
- 9:20am: Team Sponsors and Tandem Canoes
- 9:30am: Performance Unlimited and Solo Unlimited