The Buffalo Bayou Guide will guide you as you walk, run or cycle along the waterway and visit the many parks and historic sites.
View trail closures here.
- Always keep to the right on trails to avoid faster moving traffic.
- Do your best to anticipate the actions of other users and know the limits of your own abilities.
- Keep pets on a short leash.
- Announce “passing on left” when trying to get around someone in front of you.
- Look ahead and behind you before turning around on the trail.
- Pull over to the right or completely off the trail when stopping for any reason.
- ALWAYS wear a helmet.
- Watch speeds on bicycles and keep at least a three-foot distance from pedestrians at all times.
- Use of headphones is discouraged, but if you do, consider removing the device from one side so you are aware of the sounds around you.
- Watch children carefully – don’t allow young children on trails without supervision.
- When in a group, stay in a single file line.
- Obey all traffic signals when crossing major intersections. Never cross at an area without a designated pedestrian traffic signal.
- Look both ways before crossing or merging with another trail.