The Buffalo Bayou Guide will guide you as you walk, run or cycle along the waterway and visit the many parks and historic sites.
View trail closures and HCFCD repair work here.
- Always keep to the right on trails to avoid faster moving traffic.
- Do your best to anticipate the actions of other users and know the limits of your own abilities.
- Keep pets on a short leash.
- Announce “passing on left” when trying to get around someone in front of you.
- Look ahead and behind you before turning around on the trail.
- Pull over to the right or completely off the trail when stopping for any reason.
- ALWAYS wear a helmet.
- Watch speeds on bicycles and keep at least a three-foot distance from pedestrians at all times.
- Use of headphones is discouraged, but if you do, consider removing the device from one side so you are aware of the sounds around you.
- Watch children carefully – don’t allow young children on trails without supervision.
- When in a group, stay in a single file line.
- Obey all traffic signals when crossing major intersections. Never cross at an area without a designated pedestrian traffic signal.
- Look both ways before crossing or merging with another trail.