View the 2022 Regatta race results here.
Register for the 50th Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta!
The largest canoe and kayak race in Texas is along Buffalo Bayou on March 5! Register now to support Buffalo Bayou Partnership and participate in this Houston tradition, making history during its milestone year. #Paddlefor50
Starting Line: 7700 San Felipe (1/4 mile west of Voss)
Race Day Registration: 7:30 – 8:45 am
Start Time: 9:00 am (View race start times by boat class here)
Finish Line and Awards Ceremony: Allen’s Landing (1001 Commerce Street at Main Street)
Awards Ceremony: 1:30 pm
- Day-of registration on March 5: $60 per person
- BBP Members, military and students (with valid ID): $40 per person – Contact email@example.com or 713.752.0314 ext. 101
Entry includes t-shirt and lunch (while supplies last). Free shuttle service for participants (no boats) will be available from 11:30am to 3:30pm to take paddlers from the finish line at Allen’s Landing back to the start area.
The minimum entry age is 12. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Not up for the 15-mile paddle but want to be part of this milestone year? Consider making a tax-deductible donation of $50 to Buffalo Bayou Partnership for the 50th and you will receive an official Regatta t-shirt. Give $50 for the 50th here.
The race begins at 9am with 4 starts. ALL starts will be in-water.
Category start times have changed.
- 9:00am: Non-Competitive and Day-of Registrants
- 9:10am: Tandem Recreational Kayaks and Recreational Solo Kayaks (long and short)
- 9:20am: Team Sponsors and Recreational Canoes
- 9:30am: Performance Unlimited and Solo Unlimited
Be a part of a longstanding Houston tradition and give back to your community by volunteering at the 50th Annual Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta! We’re looking for eager individuals and groups to lend a hand to make this kayak and canoe race a success. Find shift times and register here.
15.5-mile Race Route (view map)